Wednesday 5 December 2012

Man-handle Those Banan-dles!

Marzipan has been the word the last two days. We got make some super cute marzipan fruits. And they also made for some awesomely raunchy jokes. ;)

Peaches and apples waiting to be colored

We shaped 6 each of apples, pears, oranges, peaches, strawberries and bananas then air brushed them with some color to give them life.


Cloves make awesome stems. Push them all the way in for oranges with the star side upwards. Push the cloves in star-side down for the pears and apples. I kept the stems longer for the pears than the apples. I made the suggestion to use cloves instead of brown marzipan and the chef told the whole class to do the same!


Coloring the bananas allowed for the most creativity of all the fruits. I like brown spotted bananas more than the ones with lots of green so I tried to mimic that. I put lots of brown on the ends of the bananas with a touch of green and flecked them with brown.


The fruits got packaged into nice ribboned boxes. The bananas were packaged in their own bag. I'm not sure who would buy a bag of solely banana marzipan pieces though.


Frosty the Hulk topped my red velvet cake and delicate chocolate snowflakes adorned the sides of the cake.  The cake was surprisingly good and I gobbled up all my trimmings, which was a good thing actually. Fewer cake scraps means fewer rum balls we'll have to make later on. I also have a suspicion that eating the scraps gives me a better waste management score on my professionalism mark! Or I'm just making an excuse to eat all that cake. :P


The red velvet cupcakes got butterflies and a surprise squirt of raspberry jam in the centre.


Some cute romance went down in the lab today. One of the cooks from the other side came over and gave V a swan cream puff he made. Apparently he had been asking other girls in our class about V and whether she had a boyfriend or not. Too bad for him she's already in a happy relationship, but I admire his guts. :P

V's love swan

No comments:

Post a Comment