Saturday 12 October 2013

It's Curry Time!

Time flies by so fast. I hear that a lot, but seriously, it does. Today was the last day of Wedding cakes which means I finally finished my personal "wedding" cake. But before I reveal my theme (pst, it's related to curry), I want to show you my first sugar flower bouquet.


Unfortunately there was some damage when transporting it from home to school, but I managed to minimize it by glueing pieces back on or painting edges so they weren't so apparent.

It was a lot of fun tying the flowers together. But it was also nerve-racking because as I attached more flowers, it got heavier and the flowers would clink together. The clinking sound is scary when it could mean three weeks worth of work down the drain!

Now onto the cake! Did you guess the theme?


It's a potato! Or at least, that was my intention. A cute l'il potato hanging out in a pot of curry. Soon to be joined by all his other awesome veggie friends.

Tomato taking a peek at Onion while speedy baby Celery speeds around
Poor baby onion fell over!

Fork and Spoon share a moment in the back (of the cake), Dish takes a snooze, and the Chopsticks "stick" around.


Lonely Knife is in a precarious position. Will he fall over and never get back up again?!

He's a knife! Or is he a fish?

One of my favourite parts: the CurrY gaRdeN sign.


It was a silly cake. And it was rough, for sure. Bits of royal icing sticking out, a few visible wires, and worst of all, the pot was badly cracked on the back. But overall, a fun cake. :) My brain can spout off an endless supply of weird ideas like a curry themed cake.


There were so many amazing cakes made by my classmates. I didn't have a chance to take any pictures but if you can, they'll all be for sale at The Marketplace on SAIT campus. Check them out!

"It's always a good time for..."


No comments:

Post a Comment