Saturday 19 April 2014

Sensational Desserts

One more week! One more weeeeeeeek!! Can I scream that any louder? Probably, but I live in an apartment and I try not to scare my neighbors with random outbursts. :)

For the last two weeks of my two year program, I am in a class called Sensational Desserts. It's a class filled with a mish-mash of things that didn't fit in any other class.

This week was filled with trifles, sweet confections, and an ice cream party.

Cherries, chocolate mousse, citrus cream,
cherry and brandy foam
Orange and basil gelee, strawberry compote, coconut granola
and black tea foam
Pomegranate and cotton candy lollipops

For the ice cream bar, we got to play with ice and some power tools!

Popsicle stand out of a block of ice
Passionfruit and white wine granite in an ice shot glass
Souffle glacee
Salted caramel ice cream
Making ice balloons

We got to make ice balloons. Fill a balloon with water and freeze for about 4 hours. Then take off the rubber and blow torch a hole into the side. The middle will still be liquid so pour out the water and you get an ice cup!




Peeling an apple using a power drill. :)


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment