Thursday 11 October 2012

Cookie Test

Tadah! My tray of finished cookies waiting to be marked. It was a long day today. The other groups left well before we did. Perhaps our group is just slow? Unlike them, though, we never take breaks. Either way, we all spent extra time trying to make everything perfect. For myself, my langue de chat turned out much better! I managed to find 24 fairly consistent cookies to pair up and present. (The last langue de chat looks extra chocolately because I accidentally flipped it over while moving it between trays.) If you dig into the tray, you might find some oddly shaped oatmeal raisin cookies, but luckily the chef didn't find them. :P

Langue de chat victory!
Cookie love by V

There was a bake sale at the Marketplace today. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it because my class started at the same time. There were still some of these gems leftover though so I snagged one for my roommate. Can you guess the flavour? It's bacon and pecan! And guessing from my roommates moans, they were very very good.


Adding savoury elements to traditionally all-sweet goods has been quite the trend. What do you think? Would you try these bacon pecan cookies or does the thought of bacon in a cookie make you crinkle your nose? I love the mix of sweet and salty. I think it opens up opportunities for so many more flavour ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment