Thursday 4 October 2012

Cookies Day 1, We are smart cookies! Or stalkers

The cookie station. I'm scared. No really, that wasn't sarcasm. When baking at home, cookies are some of the easiest items to produce. It doesn't matter if they turn out a little darker, or a few of them are shaped a bit oddly. It just gets called rustic or homemade. But here, everything counts! We definitely had our share of both of those basic problems - over-browning and inconsistent shapes (which also leads to over-browning).

Here we go!

Our checkerboard logs turned out not too badly. Once baked, these are some of the most adorable cookies ever. But making them? Spare me! Two of our logs had slightly thicker boarders because we were unsure of how much dough to use. We'll definitely have to work really hard to get these perfect for test day!

Perfect checkerboards are hard!

Most of the cookies have to rest in the fridge before baking to firm up so we had time to make Halloween themed roll-out cookies. I know they're supposed to be pumpkins, but I think they look like garlic heads! We'll be decorating them later with royal icing and my group has agreed to let me do a few like garlic heads. :D

Are we pumpkins? Or are we garlic?

We also banged out a few pans of chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and macaroons. In fact, we made 6 trays of macaroons, each holding well over 30 macaroons! Holy cow, macaroons must be popular in Calgary.

Speaking of cows, say hello to my cookie dough cow! Isn't he cute? Always make sure to save room for some fun in your day. Always.
Moo!

I showed him to the chef and all I got was an eye-roll. I'm guessing the chef has seen crazier stuff.

I'm sure I have legs....

Side note to self, 1500g of flour is a bit too much for the counter top mixers - may result in floury disaster.

Mountain of flour, maybe not such a good idea...

Curious about the title? Well, I remembered this morning that I had gotten the number of group member D, but forgot to give mine to her. Thusly, I did the only thing I could do - I sent her stalker texts. :P Just a few, but enough to give her the chills. I was thinking about how I was going to tell her it was actually me when group member V started talking about how she was getting stalker texts this morning as well! That definitely surprised me. Who knew V would be willing to play along with my prank on D? And what's more, V was very convincing! She almost convinced D into believing 780 is a Calgary area code. Member S even joined in a bit. In the end, we all forgot to clear this up with D before she went home. Oh well, she only seemed slightly worried and I had a feeling she knew it was me all along. :)


Tomorrow we start at 7am versus the usual 11am so we can all get out early for the long weekend! I love early hours. Bright and early tomorrow!

Well, maybe not so bright. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment