Thursday 18 October 2012

Water Fast Day 3, National Chocolate Cupcake Day!

Happy National Chocolate Cupcake Day!!! Do you have a cupcake jammed into your mouth right now? No? Are you on a water fast? No? Then what are you doing? Go get a chocolate cupcake right now! There were no cupcakes at the Marketplace, but there were slices of chocolate cake. Good enough I say.

Mmm, chocolate cake

There was also a really cute lemon meringue pie! The bees were made out of marzipan. Cute to look at, not very tasty to eat, the bees that is.

Lemon meringue pie!

I slept 10 hours and woke up feeling good, but with absolutely no motivation to get out of bed. When I finally got up to take a shower, I felt very weak physically. It was quite the challenge to finish the whole showering ritual. Even sitting has become a challenge. While I listened actively in class today, I had barely enough physical strength to remain sitting up, much less to speak up and contribute to the discussion.

Do you know what else today was? Today was the day to pick up my good food box! A good food box is a grocery program at SAIT where you pay for a certain weight in groceries and you get a box of goodies once a month. It is 20$ for 20-25lbs, 25$ for 30-35lbs, and 30$ for 40-45lbs. Pretty awesome if you ask me. The only hitch - trying to carry 25lbs of food when you're struggling with just walking. I made it, but I had to take a few breaks even though the walk was only about 100m from the pick up to the dorms. Here's a picture of all the goodies I got this time. Pretty much the same as I had received last month with the addition of green bell peppers and grapefruit.

Fresh food galore!

Everything that was in the box:

  • 5lbs potatoes
  • 2lbs carrots
  • head of celery
  • head of cauliflower
  • two heads of brocolli
  • a field cucumber
  • four tomatoes
  • three large onions!! (seriously? three?)
  • two heads of garlic
  • three green bell peppers
  • three bananas
  • five granny smith apples
  • five oranges
  • five kiwis
  • two lemons
  • two limes

Part way through class, I started fantasizing about food again. All I could think about was Indian food, specifically an awesome meal I had at Narayannis' in Edmonton. (Highly recommended, especially for vegans. Their chocolate cupcakes are soooooo good! And look, it's Chocolate Cupcake Day! Go go go!) Although my stomach was fairly quiet, my mind raged at me, telling me to eat. It continued to complain viciously until I returned to my room where it calmed down....a bit. Only to pick up again for a few moments throughout the evening.

I noticed a scar on my arm is starting to fade and my tongue was white and bitter tasting. From reading, the end of a detox can be signified in a few ways. The idea signal is the return of true hunger. But clearing of the white coating on the tongue can also be another indicator. Also, the hot and cold fluctuations calmed down a bit today. It mostly affected me in the morning, just after getting out of bed.

Summary
Water drank: 2-2.5 litres
Weight change: -2.6lb
Overall feeling: Physically weak and during the afternoon, I became very mentally weak. I was thinking of breaking the fast, but I waited it out. The bitter coating on my tongue made plain water rather unpleasant to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment